After my mother passed away, I inherited her little file box of recipes. I am sharing them here for all her descendants and anyone else who might enjoy them. Most of them are quite outdated as we have access to a greater variety of ingredients now, we eat healthier and we have internet to help us! If you do use one of the recipes, I would love to have a comment on what you think of it.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tamale Pie No. 2

Here is the second Tamale Pie. It is a little hard to understand but I will put it in here just as it is on the card.

5 T butter
1 cup salad oil
Cook 2 onions and 2 cloves of garlic - chopped - in butter and oil.
Cook for 15 minutes
1 large can tomatoes
1 large can corn
3 tsp chili powder (dissolved in water)
1 1/2 cups corn meal
3 eggs (well beaten)
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups pitted whole olives
1 tsp salt
Add 1 cup or more of ground beef browned in fat
Put in buttered casserole.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour.

No comments: