After my mother passed away, I inherited her little file box of recipes. I am sharing them here for all her descendants and anyone else who might enjoy them. Most of them are quite outdated as we have access to a greater variety of ingredients now, we eat healthier and we have internet to help us! If you do use one of the recipes, I would love to have a comment on what you think of it.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Grandma's Peanut Salad

I remember this from childhood. It was a salad that my grandmother used to make for large family gatherings and I have never made it. I loved it as a child - I need to make this. If you do, please post a comment for us.

  • 1 pound salted peanuts
  • 11 eggs boiled hard
  • 12 sweet pickles

Take the skins off the peanuts and roll quite fine (use a food processor!). Add chopped eggs and chopped pickles.

Dressing -

  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1 cup cream

Beat all together and cook until it thickens. Mix with 1 cup cream and then mix with the peanut mixture.

No comments: