After my mother passed away, I inherited her little file box of recipes. I am sharing them here for all her descendants and anyone else who might enjoy them. Most of them are quite outdated as we have access to a greater variety of ingredients now, we eat healthier and we have internet to help us! If you do use one of the recipes, I would love to have a comment on what you think of it.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Stuffed Green Peppers

This was a regular at our house growing up. I seem to remember grated cheese on the top but I am not sure. And I also think it had some tomato sauce in the meat. This needs experimenting with. If you do, please post your ideas for us.

  • 6 to 8 green bell peppers
  • 1 cup cooked rice
  • 1 cup cooked ground beef
  • 1 cup cooked or canned corn
  • 1 T. minced onion
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • buttered crumbs

  1. Remove tops and seeds from green peppers. Peppers may be cut in half lengthwise.
  2. Mix rice, meat, corn, onion and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
  3. Stuff peppers with mixture. Cover with buttered crumbs.
  4. Place upright in baking dish and surround peppers with water about 1/4 inch deep.
  5. Bake until peppers are tender and top is nicely browned.

No comments: