After my mother passed away, I inherited her little file box of recipes. I am sharing them here for all her descendants and anyone else who might enjoy them. Most of them are quite outdated as we have access to a greater variety of ingredients now, we eat healthier and we have internet to help us! If you do use one of the recipes, I would love to have a comment on what you think of it.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fresh Apple Cake

Bless her heart, she had my famous Apple Cake recipe in her box. Following is the best apple cake you will ever eat and it is so very easy. This is the recipe that Kirby and I discovered that we both had when we first met. We felt it meant something special and we still fight over who really had it first!

4-5 baking apples - cubed with skins on
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp. each - nutmeg and allspice
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup walnuts- chopped

  1. Cut up the apples and break the eggs over them.
  2. Add all the other ingredients and mix well
  3. Batter is dry an lumpy and mostly apple.
  4. Place in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

No comments: