After my mother passed away, I inherited her little file box of recipes. I am sharing them here for all her descendants and anyone else who might enjoy them. Most of them are quite outdated as we have access to a greater variety of ingredients now, we eat healthier and we have internet to help us! If you do use one of the recipes, I would love to have a comment on what you think of it.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Goulash

No recipe for this left by Mom but I'll do it from memory. I always loved this when Mom made it and I was a finicky eater. Here it goes: (Patti Smith Raygor)

1 lb hamburger
1 chopped onion
2 cups macaroni
1 can tomato sauce
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 or 2 cloves of garlic

Brown hamburger and onions in fry pan. Add garlic. Cook macaroni until done. Meanwhile add tomato sauce and stewed tomatos to hamburger mixture. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Add this to the macaroni. Let simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with cornbread.

1 comment:

Suzie said...

You remember it very well, Patti! I still make it when I need comfort food. Thank you for adding it.