After my mother passed away, I inherited her little file box of recipes. I am sharing them here for all her descendants and anyone else who might enjoy them. Most of them are quite outdated as we have access to a greater variety of ingredients now, we eat healthier and we have internet to help us! If you do use one of the recipes, I would love to have a comment on what you think of it.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Three Bean Salad

I can honestly say that this is the very best bean salad I have ever had. You can mix up the beans any way you want. I like to use black beans in place of the kidney. Give this a try and you will not be sorry! (for variety, you can add a small amount of cumin)

1 green pepper, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 can each, drained:
Green Beans
Kidney Beans
Garbanzo Beans
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup salad oil
1/2 cup cider vinegar

Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well to blend the sugar. Refrigerate before serving.

No comments: