After my mother passed away, I inherited her little file box of recipes. I am sharing them here for all her descendants and anyone else who might enjoy them. Most of them are quite outdated as we have access to a greater variety of ingredients now, we eat healthier and we have internet to help us! If you do use one of the recipes, I would love to have a comment on what you think of it.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Marinated Carrots


 I remember this dish quite well. She made it often and it was always so good. (Update March 18, 2011 - we had this for dinner last night and it is as good as I remember!)

  • 2 lbs carrots
  • 1 small green pepper, chopped
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1-10 1/2 oz can Tomato Soup
  • 1/2 cup salad oil
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp. prepared mustard
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper

  1. Peel and slice the carrots and cook in a small amount of water until tender. Drain and cool.
  2. Place in a large bowl.
  3. Combine soup, oil, sugar, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper and mix well.
  4. Add green pepper and onion, again mixing well.
  5. Pour over carrots and mix.
  6. Place in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight.

1 comment:

Raygor said...

I loved these carrots!!