After my mother passed away, I inherited her little file box of recipes. I am sharing them here for all her descendants and anyone else who might enjoy them. Most of them are quite outdated as we have access to a greater variety of ingredients now, we eat healthier and we have internet to help us! If you do use one of the recipes, I would love to have a comment on what you think of it.

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Broiled Chicken in Soy Sauce

I remember this recipe. I gave it to my mother back in the late '70's or early '80's. It was from a low carb diet I was on. It really is very good. I lost my copy and haven't made it for years. Might have to try it again!

2 1/2 - 3 lbs chicken pieces
1 tsp onion salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 T. lemon juice
2 tsp sugar substitute

  • Sprinkle chicken with onion salt and pepper. Place in bowl.
  • Combine remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
  • Chill 3 hours turning often.
  • Place chicken on rack in broiler and brush with marinade.
  • Broil about 4 in from heat for 25 minutes.
  • Brush with marinade several times.
  • Turn once during broiling.

No comments: