After my mother passed away, I inherited her little file box of recipes. I am sharing them here for all her descendants and anyone else who might enjoy them. Most of them are quite outdated as we have access to a greater variety of ingredients now, we eat healthier and we have internet to help us! If you do use one of the recipes, I would love to have a comment on what you think of it.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Green Bean Casserole

This is a recipe that I was looking for. I want to make it for Christmas Dinner. But, can you even buy Cream of Celery Soup anymore?

  • 1 package frozen french style green beans
  • 1 can Cream of Celery Soup
  • 1 package slivered almonds
  • 1 can french fried onions

Cook beans until done, drain and add soup, almonds. Sprinkle onions on top and bake in slow oven - 250 degrees for 10 minutes.

2 comments:

Jim and Heather on Meerkat said...

Yes - I saw it in the States! What a nice way to share her recipes and honor her :)

Ray and Lucy said...

Ditto from me on buying cream of celery soup.

I think this site is just great on many levels. Of course, you know how much of a foodie I am, I love the idea that these recipes will be an historical record for you family, and I agree with Heather...what a fabulous way to honor your parents.

I also like the format. We plan to call you guys over the next few days. I'll pick your brain about it and some other blog features I am curious about. Love to you both.