After my mother passed away, I inherited her little file box of recipes. I am sharing them here for all her descendants and anyone else who might enjoy them. Most of them are quite outdated as we have access to a greater variety of ingredients now, we eat healthier and we have internet to help us! If you do use one of the recipes, I would love to have a comment on what you think of it.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Onion Casserole

Here is another recipe from Esther Lee Martin, my father's sister. This sounds really good. It doesn't say how long to cook.

350 degree oven

4 cups sliced onions (cut 1/3 in thick) preferably Vidalia
5 T butter
Salt and pepper
2 eggs
1 cup light cream
2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese


  1. Butter a 1 qt. casserole
  2. Add sliced onions to the casserole and dot with butter
  3. Generously add salt and pepper
  4. Mix the eggs and cream and pour over the onions
  5. Top with parmesan cheese

No comments: